Armidale, Australia

Armidale, Australia

We have arrived in Australia!

We have arrived in Australia!
Our Team!!! This is in Brisbane. Meagan, Amy, Savannah, Alicia, Gabe, Sarah, David, josh, Kendall, Ben, Courtney, Joseph, and Jared. They are amazing!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

He Treasures Up His Bright Designs

ok I wrote this on the plane over...I just got internet access so I am posting it now :)

5/17/10

He Treasures Up His Bright Designs

Oh how do I even begin to process what excitement is running through my veins to be on the flight to Australia right now. I am thrilled to my wits end! The God that I serve has created universes so massive that they are simply indescribable. As I look out the window, I am in awe of the beauty of the canyon land in New Mexico. As much as the earth is filled with wonder it is still just a speck in the sunshine of this great universe. I am flying to Australia today. That is across the world. How small do I feel today…

Disclaimer…this blog will be full of tangents as I have been sitting quiet, just thinking like the Feeler that I am for 3 solid hours!!

We are significantly insignificant. What does this mean? That the God who has created places that seem like they would only be in a story book and galaxies trillions of light-years away so beautiful that we cannot grasp with our vocabularies not only knows who the heck we are, but knows us by name and has sought us out to know us and know everything about us and use us for His great ministry across the world. This means that He loves us so much that He sent His son to die as payment for my sins that deserve hell so that I can have life and joy more abundantly. This certainly is a mysterious way that He moves in to soften my heart and teach me more about His great characteristics and show me His bright design.

He has blessed me so with the opportunity to fly through a thunderstorm and see clouds so closely and so brightly that they blind my eyes with their brightness, much like it would be to lay my eyes up on Him. Whoa.

While thinking of Australia, I am amazed at the adventure before me. I think of Acts 2:23 which says, this Jesus was delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, crucified and killed by the lawless hands of men. God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. God has a definite plan and foreknowledge that knew enough that his son would be crucified and killed by the evil, enemy hands of lawless men, how would he not know of what is going on in my life and in the lives of Aussie students that He is sending our teams to meet? What is this beauty of a God who loves us so much!? What is up with this all empowering love that is able to cross seas and destroy rebellion of evil men and women to be melted by the God of the Gospel. Such a great love! Not only does this verse tell us that God is all knowing, but that His son Jesus could not possibly be held by death and was promptly raised from the dead. This is huge. Just as the one who died for my sins to become my savior cannot by held by death, my sin cannot be held by it either. In Christ I have freedom from sin and newness in Him because He loves me and is all-powerful all the time.

How assuring is it that he has a plan for me. This is where my identity lies. In His mercy and in His grace and His forgiveness and faithfulness to me that He loves me enough to hold on to me so that nothing can snatch me (Romans 8:38-39) out of His grasp that is as wide as the universe (Job 38:31)!

He is the everlasting, never failing, redeemer GOD! And He is in control. Assurance lies within Him that He loves us. Where can we go to be away from His mercy and all protecting hand? Beats me… I am going across the world right now and He is ever aware of what I am doing and how I am glorifying Him with my life, if I am at all. How convicting is it that just as the light can reach my face, He can see me and know my heart. More that that, HE knows my heart and He knows what I need and has planned for my growth and laid out for me His good works to glorify Him and to teach me His characteristics and how to best reflect His image. All understanding comes from Him and the acceptance that suffering is part of that plan. Suffering through some relationships and through personal development. He allows it to happen for understanding of Him and ultimately for His glory.

So, as for my sweet Australia! I am again reminded of this great blessing to be in hot pursuit of the Lord wherever He sends me as I look to my left and see my dear sisterfriend, Courtney Kelley!!! She encourages me sooo much and I am so grateful for he in my life because the Lord is definitely working in her to grow her and to grow those around her in Him. I am so fortunate to not only spend the summer in Armidale, but also alongside her! What a blessing to minister hand in hand with her and Ben, Josh, Alicia, Jared, Sarah, Kendal, Gabe, Megan, Amy, Joseph, and David! Oh man God is so good!

I don’t know how prepared I am for this, but God equips the called and I am fully faithful that He will guide me to best serve Him through this ministry.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support of this mission and I will keep you posted on the things that we do as well as the things that I am learning this summer! Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment