Armidale, Australia

Armidale, Australia

We have arrived in Australia!

We have arrived in Australia!
Our Team!!! This is in Brisbane. Meagan, Amy, Savannah, Alicia, Gabe, Sarah, David, josh, Kendall, Ben, Courtney, Joseph, and Jared. They are amazing!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tim is cute. Holla at me.

5/21/10

Tim is cute. Holla at me.

We are in Armidale!!!!! The bus ride from Brisbane was so long!

We went straight to Steven’s house for dinner with their staff and it was fantastic. He is the staff guy at UNE and he let us use his internet and we flocked to it as if it were food and we hadn’t eaten for days! The highlight of being there has to be the conversation about how to remember names of students because they had already done a great job of getting to know us in just a few hours. So a team member who shall remain nameless proceeds to use the tactic she had been told to try, using new friends’ names in sentences to remember them…her example in conversation was “Tim is cute. Holla at me.” Tim is a staff guy at UNE…who happened to sitting no less than 6 feet behind her watching her and listening intently. Upon hearing this, he shrugs, smiles, and walks away. Hilarious!! We have quoted this many times…

Anyway, we are staying at the dorms and they are amazing! Seriously these are the nicest dorms I have ever seen in my life. We have our own rooms in the international hall- and there was space for us all to be together in the same hall. We do have to share unisex bathrooms but even that has worked out. The Lord’s provisions are everywhere!!! The rooms are huge with lots of space and a desk. We don’t have internet, so I am writing now with plans to post when I get a chance. This means that my blogs will just all appear at once lol.

Today is our first day to see the campus in the daylight. Its absolutely beautiful from my window. It is autumn here and the leaves are falling and it is gorgeous. There is a deer park behind our building that we are going to get to see today. Some kangaroos got into it several years ago so it has turned into a habitat for deer and kangas! I am thrilled!!! We are going to get to see the Booloominbah to see the school! This is the picture that I have put at the top of my blog. Yes that is our destination today. There is a bistro there that I will most likely get lunch or something nearly everyday lol.

I am looking forward to being here for the next 40 days learning all that the Lord has in store for the team and I in the security department.

Thank you for all your prayers and I will get more updates to you as soon as I can!!

That all may know,
Savs

No comments:

Post a Comment