Armidale, Australia

Armidale, Australia

We have arrived in Australia!

We have arrived in Australia!
Our Team!!! This is in Brisbane. Meagan, Amy, Savannah, Alicia, Gabe, Sarah, David, josh, Kendall, Ben, Courtney, Joseph, and Jared. They are amazing!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kingdom of God..not kingdom of self

Starfield puts it this way...

To the desperate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the lean
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where you want me I will be

I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change

I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

.....

I believe that we are called to always be doing at least 1 of 3 things for missions, Supporting, Going, and/or Mobilizing.

We are called to praise the Lord and love one another.

Why not praise the Lord by Loving one another?

How can we better praise the lord than by sharing the good news with others, that there is a hero out there that loves us and is ready to redeem us and set us free from the bondage of sin and guilt! How great!

If we have the means, let us support missions by giving of ourselves and our money that You have given us, Lord. You are good and your love endures forever. Let us support this mission with all that we can.

If we have the opportunity, let us go! Let us support missions by sacrificing our time and our bodies for your service and share your gospel to strengthen your kingdom. Let us give you our plans and trust in you to provide for us as you use wherever you want us to GO!

If we have your vision, let us mobilize. Let us tell others of the importance of supporting missions by going and giving financially so that your word may be proclaimed. Let this ever be on our tongues. Hide your word in our hearts so that we may no sin against you and let us be filled with a new excitement that we cannot fathom because it comes from..Give us your strength, joy, and peace so that we may be revived with your beautiful smile on our face to rest in you.

......

What is our purpose anyway? That was a question in my Ethics class at the beginning of the semester..
I think our purpose is to share the love we have been given. And to search after truth by faith.

I read this quote this week:

"Many Christians also take a 'passive trust' approach to seeking guidance and direction from the Lord. They think that knowing God's will comes as God reveals His secret plan to them; then they will know what to do. But guidance is really a matter of obedient, active trust. I examine the options before me using the principles, themes and perspectives of Scripture. Then, to the best of my knowledge and ability, I apply Biblical wisdom and make a decision. My decision isn't based on reading God's mind , but on things He has clearly revealed in His Word. As I step forward, I entrust myself to the Lord, knowing that He rules over everything and will place me where He wants me. This is the Biblical model of guidance. Too many people have their 'Christian divining rods' out in hopes of discovering the secret will of God. Meanwhile, the Bible in their hands is unopened - the thing God has said will be a 'lamp to their feet and a light to their path.'"

How true is this?! What are we waiting for? For faith and trust to become easy? Its so often when we are struggling that the Lord is most visible in our lives. After all, may we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. (Romans 5:3-5)

I get so caught up in what I have to do and accomplish that I forget to not live for the kingdom of savannah where all I want is to squander my time and my energy on pointless things to glorify myself. In this bogus kingdom, I miss out on so much!
But in the Kingdom of God, I am set free and compelled to love others because He first loved me.

The purpose is so much bigger than us. Let us be in the white hot center of Your activity so that we are willing to be used for your Kingdom!

Be encouraged! Be motivated! Be filled with excitement! He is working! And you can share it!

Savs

1 comment: