Armidale, Australia

Armidale, Australia

We have arrived in Australia!

We have arrived in Australia!
Our Team!!! This is in Brisbane. Meagan, Amy, Savannah, Alicia, Gabe, Sarah, David, josh, Kendall, Ben, Courtney, Joseph, and Jared. They are amazing!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What is Solitude?

I have been thinking a lot about solitude in the last few days and have been realizing how it has been creeping into my life in the last week and a half to show mw a lot about myself and what about me that needs to go...

Solitude is defined as the state of being alone, (and my favorite part), especially when this is peaceful and pleasant.

How freeing! To know that solitude and being quiet is pleasant. lol. I am such an extrovert and a feeler that I am almost always engaged in conversation with someone and I am not usually utilizing my free time to look inwardly and think. I do this when I am supposed to like quiet times or in church meetings. But last week in San Diego, I was out of my comfort zone of my close friends that I share everything with and even my one friend was doing his own thing, and so I was basically forced to look at myself and evaluate me. I saw that by the grace of God He allows us to see our sin and help us to defeat it and shear it off to become more like Him. This is whats happening in my life right now.

Last weekend at the airport, two of my 'good' friends decided to give me a personal development workshop by forcing me to make the decision of where to eat (this is frustrating to me because I dont want my decisions about something like food to make someone else uncomfortable or unsatisfied, so I got anxious ok) and then they ditched me. Awesome. I was not only alone in a huge crowded place, but I knew in every part of me that I was being watched and my behavior analyzed. Ouch. My security went out the door.

But this made me really see what am I depending on? Where does my security come from if it can be dissolved so quickly? Clearly it is on man and myself and not the Lord. Reflecting on this led to admitting idols in my life and my pure inability to go anywhere by myself.
Im proud to say that on Monday, I went to the Alabama Music Hall of Fame in Tuscumbia ( a place I have never been to without getting lost, so I was certainly anxious about that!) to check out the venue. Well I went by myself and toured the museum by myself. How is that for personal development?!

Solitude certainly shows us our sin and our relationship with the Lord. He is so good to us to meet us where we are and even force us into quiet time with Him so that we may see His fullness and His glory.

I would advise taking some time to ride without the radio on and enjoy some silence. Get away from people and tasks and duties. Let HIm show you yourself. Embrace the peace and pleasantness of solitude and seeking to know His characteristics. I am learning how to do this. Seriously, its a serious struggle, and I havent gotten it right yet lol.

Im excited to see how the Lord is still showing me things to repent of and change to be more like Him. He is working and that definitely bring the most secure feeling ever because to know that He is investing in me and my growth is a testament that He will not leave me undone and He will be with me as I learn and He will bring it to completion. Glory to God!

And so Im learning to enjoy solitude. Which is weird. But Im ok with weird :D

Ephesians 2:7-10

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time,(to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

"marinate on that"

Savvi

1 comment: