Armidale, Australia

Armidale, Australia

We have arrived in Australia!

We have arrived in Australia!
Our Team!!! This is in Brisbane. Meagan, Amy, Savannah, Alicia, Gabe, Sarah, David, josh, Kendall, Ben, Courtney, Joseph, and Jared. They are amazing!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why 'Sweet As" ?

Summer 2008, I got to down to Fort Walton Beach Florida and spend 10 weeks living on the beach with 200 other college students, working a full time job-making bank, and developing some of the best relationships of my life! This was on a program called Summer Beach Project. It was a BLAST!

Anyway, while there, a team of older college students came and talked about their summer trip to Brisbane, Australia to the University of Queensland where they met students and built relationships there. They told us of their adventures and obstacles and several of the slag words they learned, and learned not to use, while there.

The one that stuck out to me most was "Sweet As." Maybe this was because they got these awesome shirts made with them on it, or maybe because I was just impressed with the coolness of this one. Basically the phrase 'sweet as' is a response to something awesome and just replaces our phrase 'cool.' At any rate, I love this.

I have been reading in Isaiah and my response is simply, sweet as!

Isaiah 66.18 says For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

This is certainly spectacular! He knows the thoughts of this world and He is going to bring them into His kingdom. All tribes, tongues, and nations are going to come to know Him and shall see His glory and give Him glory. This is so comforting to know that He has a plan and He promises to holdfast to His plans. When things just seem to be falling apart, He has a plan. He seeks after His children and promises to complete the good work that He has started in us. This is wonderful news!

Certainly, SWEET AS.

Peace and Blessings :)

Savvi

[sidenote-if the previously mentioned 'Summer Beach Project' sounds like something you may want to do this summer, message me for details!]

No comments:

Post a Comment